At 1M we believe in keeping abreast of industry standards and innovations. We are members of the following institutions and associations:
- IRHACE – Institute of Refrigeration Heating and Air Conditioning Engineers of New Zealand Inc.
- CCCA – Climate Control Companies Association.
- NABERSNZ – A system adopted from Australia for rating the energy efficiency of office buildings.
- NZGBC – New Zealand Green Building Council.
- Auckland Chamber of Commerce – Business community network.
- Building Networks – Education provider on the Building Code and the NZ Building Act.
At 1M we adopt our industry’s best practice principles and adhere to the highest standards as required by legislation. We are accredited:
- Authors of Mechanical Producer Statements (PS1 – Design, PS3 – Construction, PS4 – Construction Review).
- Independently Qualified Persons (IQP), signing off 12A’s for these specified systems as part of the Building Warrant of Fitness – SS5 Escape Route Pressurisation Systems, SS9 Mechanical Ventilation or Air Conditioning Systems (including Cooling Towers), SS11 Laboratory Fume Cupboards, SS13/1 Smoke Control Systems.
- Competenz Assessors for Refrigeration/Air Conditioning Technician Apprentices.
The safety of your staff and property, our workers, and the public is critical to our business. We have the following in place:
- Site Safe – All 1M employees and subcontractors are holders of Site Safe Building Construction Passports. Some members of our team are also Supervisor Gold Card holders and Health and Safety Representatives.
- SiteWise – 1st Mechanical have been assessed under this system.
- ACC Workplace Safety Management Practices – 1st Maintenance has Secondary Level accreditation.
In order to fulfill all our clients’ mechanical services requirements, we have the following experts on staff:
- Mechanical Design Engineers.
- Refrigeration/Air Conditioning Technicians.
- HVAC Installers.
- Boiler Technician.
At 1M we believe in training our staff, both internally and externally, to be the best at their job so as to provide our clients with the best service. We are qualified in/at:
- Working in confined spaces.
- Working at heights.
- Working with EMF.
- Working on elevated platforms.
- Working with infrared heat guns.
- The filling and handling of refrigerants.
- Analysing oil samples.
- Pipefitting and welding.
1M is an accredited installer and service provider for the following air conditioning manufacturers:
We are engaged with the systems and processes regulating our industry. We want to be industry innovators and leaders.